Sat, 02 Jul|
Workshop - Shepard Fairey - spray cans & stencils
Franck Shepard Fairey is an American artist, serigrapher, fresco painter and illustrator. A graduate of the B.A Rhode Island School of Design, he lives and works in Los Angeles.
Time & Location
02 Jul 2022, 15:00 – 16:20
Bordeaux, 16 rue de Tivoli, 33000 Bordeaux, France
About the event
Founder of various graphic design companies since 1992, the artist uses his artistic talent for the benefit of large companies in order to carry out marketing and viral operations or product illustrations. A snub to hip-hop culture, these street art campaigns turn into OBEY, “obeyed” and seek to parody Americanist propaganda. There are all kinds of subjects such as music, sport, religion, money, history, politics.
After an introduction by our mediator around the works of Shepard Fairey belonging to the Street art collection of Bernard Magrez, you will be invited to create your own committed poster. Using stencils and cutouts, you will create your own poster montage in the spirit of Shepard Fairey's work.
- Workshops open to all from 5 years old
- Workshop from 3:00 p.m. to 4:20 p.m.
- Price €12 per child - €14 per adult
- No prerequisites required, it's really about discovering an artist, a medium and a way of creating a work, so there's nothing to be apprehensive about.
- The workshop is introduced by 5 minutes of mediation around the works, the rest of the time is devoted to practice
- The material is provided and everyone leaves with their work.
- Provide overalls or protective clothing.
- Everyone has free access to the exhibitions before or after the workshop
- Any cancellation of less than 24 hours will not be refunded