THE N ° 1 IN AQUITAINE CULTURAL EVENTS AND STREET ART
Created in the form of an endowment fund, the Institut Culturel Bernard Magrez is a private initiative of artistic patronage.
The Institut Culturel Bernard Magrez wants to be a bridge between tradition and innovation, as well as a platform of exchanges where everyone can live a singular cultural experience.
Access to contemporary creation for all audiences through the creation or support of cultural events.
Support for the production of new works by setting up residences with workshops for young artists, but also by awarding artistic prizes.
The meeting and the exchange with the artists, with the setting up of a program of orders and acquisitions.
Contribute singularly and civilly to the territory, be it regional, national or international, in which the Cultural Institute wishes to support creation and artists.
The Château Labottière takes its name from its sponsors Antoine and Jacques Labottière. These two brothers, printers and publishers from Bordeaux of the eighteenth century, shop Place du Palais de l'Ombrière and own a small vineyard in the countryside of Bordeaux. They build in 1773, this particular hotel of neoclassical type.
The Labottiere brothers were ruined by the Revolution in 1790. Antoine Labottière died in 1794, his brother Jacques sells the estate, the house, the bookstore and the printing house the following year.
Subsequently, the property was acquired by a Dutchman named Boers and rented to Mr. Lannefranque, a show entrepreneur, who opened a pleasure establishment in the name of Tivoli. The art historian Philippe Maffre then evokes the presence of a dance establishment called "Fêtes champêtres, A Idalie" opened by M. Labille in 1803.
The Château Labottière once belonged to Antoine Gautier, mayor of Bordeaux from 1849 to 1863, before being sold to the company of Jesus on April 14, 1857. In 1904, a fire led the Jesuits to move to the land they still occupy today Avenue Eysines, in Bordeaux, not far from the Castle.
At this time, the municipality plans to install within the castle Labottière a Museum of Decorative Arts. In 1911, this design seems to be abandoned: the hotel and the garden seem unoccupied or abandoned.